Bay and Bow Windows: Standard® Series
When it comes to bays and bow windows, sleekness and style are key factors. Whether you prefer the expanded view of a bay window, or the supple curve of a bow window, both of these styles can dramatically open up a room.
Traditionally, the bay window is made from three windows: a large picture window in the center and two smaller flanking windows on each side.
The bow window features a series of five or more windows joined to form an arc or bow shape
Both styles come with an optional seat and head, available in different wood species
- STANDARD SERIES: 3 1/4” Pultruded Fiberglass Closed Back Frame completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill sealed with silicone sealant and is independently tested to AAMA 101/I.S.2, CAN/CSA A440.1 and CSA A440.2 standards. Rating [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55]
- STANDARD BAY: Three 3 1/4” Fiberglass lites joined at either 30 or 45 degree angle (other angles can be specified).
- STANDARD BOW: Five 3 1/4” Fiberglass lites joined at either 10 or 15 degree angle (other angles can be specified).
Stock Colours are White in and out, White in and Commercial Brown (exterior), White in and Sandalwood (exterior), using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom colours are available.
- FINISHING: Interior connectors available in Fiberglass, Oak, or Maple. Exterior connectors available in aluminum. Bay or Bow window assembly option can come with, fir, oak laminated, maple laminated, or poplar laminated plywood seat and header and side jamb build outs (boxed). When ordering, please specify: overall width and height (including seat & head if ordering), side window flanker widths, and over all or inside projections.
Brickmoulds (with or without PVC nailing flange) are available for installation applications.
- SIZES AVAILABLE: Most sizes and configurations are available. Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8” (3.17 mm) industry tolerance
- INSTALATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
- MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
- TEST RESULTS:
Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).