400 Double-Hung Tilt Windows: Standard Series
Our newest line of window incorporates the best of both the #400 and #500 window series. With its ultra pleasing esthetics and engineered design mandate, we have produced the most advanced technology in this double hung tilt window. In fact, we are proud to say that this window exceeds the ANSI/AAMA/WDMA 101/I.S.2/NAFS-02 performance specifications for residential usage.
This double hung tilt window features co-pultruded lift rails and sash interlocks, low profile tilt latches, profiled cam locks, block and tackle balances, and a closed back frame for added rigidity.
Additionally, this double hung tilt window allows air circulation through the top and bottom, thus providing maximum ventilation and tilt-out access for easy window cleaning and maintenance. Fibertec Window & Door Mfg. windows provide one of the narrowest sight lines, thus giving you more glass area. The double hung window is more suitable for taller openings. Fibertec carries the most extensive glass options available catering to extreme weather climates. Anti-corrosion screens are on the outside of the window, and come in standard full screen or optional half screen. Fibertec has developed a fiberglass window system featuring advanced technology, resulting in one of the world`s best energy-rated systems that is environmentally friendly and is used in sustainable building.
Once installed in your home, Fibertec windows will never warp, twist, rot, shrink, or dent.
- STANDARD SERIES: 3 1/4” Pultruded Fiberglass Frame, composite block reinforced butt joint corner inserts with foam (jamb to sill) gasket and sealed with silicone sealant. Sash has co-pultruded lift rail on top and bottom sash for pleasing esthetic look. Centre meeting rail has co-pultruded interlock and is independently tested to AAMA 1011.S2 and CAN/CSA-A440.0 and CSA A440.2 (AAMA 101-93) standards.
- PAINT FINISH:
Stock colour in White, using PPG paint. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom colours also available.
- GLAZING STOPS: uPVC exterior glass stop with co-extruded gasket, ensures a positive seal to the sealed unit glass.
- WEATHER-STRIPPING: Combination of Fin pile and Bulb seal foam filled weather strip on frame and sash, to ensure constant contact and air tight seal.
Recessed thumb release tabs for easy tilt action on both upper and lower sash, available in white or sandalwood colour. Surface mounted low profile heavy duty metal cam locks, available in standard white or optional gold colour. Block and Tackle balance system used for smooth operation of both sashes.
Double glazing – 3/4” sealed units with 1/2” air space. Triple glazing (optional) – Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
- GLAZING METHOD: Marine glazed `wrap around` sash, using rubber glazing gasket.
- INSECT SCREEN: Full height, roll-formed aluminum frame with friction fit corner keys. Screen mesh (Fiberglass or Aluminum) retained by vinyl spline.
Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
- SIZES AVAILABLE: Minimum width 18”, Minimum height 30”, Maximum width 54”, Maximum height 84” (widths over 48”, maximum height not to exceed 66”). Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8” (3.17 mm) industry tolerance
- INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
- MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
- TEST RESULTS: Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).