300 Fixed Windows: Wood Clad Fiber® Series (CS)
Fibertec fiberglass Wood Clad fixed windows are built with the same features as the standard fixed window series.
Our WoodClad window series offers the best of both worlds – the carefree and durability aspects of a fiberglass window frame, plus the beauty of a real stainable oak or maple wood interior. We recommend that the wood be treated immediately after installation in order to maintain its beauty.
Once installed in your home, Fibertec windows will never warp, twist, rot, shrink or dent.
- WOOD CLAD SERIES: 3 1/4” Pultruded Fiberglass Closed Back Frame laminated with real stainable oak wood or maple wood
. completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and are independently tested to AAMA 101/I.S.2, CAN/CSA A440.1 and CSA A440.2 standards. Rating [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55]
- PAINT FINISH:
Stock colours are White in and out, White in and Commercial Brown (exterior), White in and Sandalwood (exterior), using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom colours are available.
- GLAZING STOPS: Standard uPVC extruded glass stop. Optional high performance pultruded Fiberglass glass stop with Santoprene gasket to ensure snug fit to glazing. Glazing tape is a closed cellular (foam) double adhesive backed tape.
Double glazing with uPVC glass stop – 3/4” sealed units with 1/2” air space. Double glazing with (optional) Fiberglass glass stop – 7/8” sealed unit with 5/8” air space. Triple glazing (optional) – 1 5/16” sealed units. Triple glazing (optional) – 1 9/16” sealed units. Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
- GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by a removable interior uPVC or optional fiberglass glass stop. Double-sided closed cell foam tape on the exterior. The glazing cavity is drained to the exterior with drainage holes.
Brickmould (with or without PVC nailing flange) three types, Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
- SIZES AVAILABLE: Minimum width 12”, Minimum height 12”, Maximum width 84”, Maximum height 84”. Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8” (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
- INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
- MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
- TEST RESULTS:
Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).