300 Casement Windows: Wood Clad Fiber® Series
Fibertec fiberglass Wood Clad casement windows are built with the same features as the standard casement window series.
Our WoodClad window series offers the best of both worlds - the carefree and durability aspect of a fiberglass window frame, plus the beauty of a real stainable oak or maple wood interior.We recommend that the wood be treated immediately after installation in order to maintain its beauty.
Once installed in your home, Fibertec windows will never warp, twist, rot, shrink or dent.
- WOODCLAD SERIES: 3 1/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Closed Back Frame laminated with real stainable oak wood or maple wood
. completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection molded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and are independently test to AAMA 101/I.S.2, CAN/CSA A440.1 and CSA A440.2 standards. Rating [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55]
- PAINT FINISH:
Stock Colors are White in and out, White in and Commercial Brown (exterior), White in and Sandalwood (exterior), using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom colors are available
- GLAZING STOPS: Extruded aluminum stops with Santoprene bulb-seal to ensure a positive seal and provide rain screen principal to keep water out.
- WEATHER-STRIPPING: The three seal design conforms to the rain screen principle. A combination of flexible Santoprene bubble and fin for the main frame, along with pile fin on the sash. The weather-stripping is replaceable.
: Encore from Truth Hardware is an innovative operator that offers an interchangeable cover and folding handle design. Available in white, coppertone, chestnut bronze and aluminum finish.
Double Glazing - 3/4" sealed units with 1/2" air space. Triple glazing (option) - 1 5/16" sealed units (maximum operator width 24") Various other optional glazing is available
- GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by a removable exterior glass stop. Double-sided closed cell foam tape on the interior and a Santoprene rubber gasket on the exterior assist in securing the glass. The glazing cavity is edge drained to the exterior with concealed drainage holes. The glazing cavity is also edge vented to the exterior through concealed vent holes.
- INSECT SCREEN: Extruded aluminum screen bar with tight sealing friction fit Santoprene gasket, screened with anti-rot fiberglass mesh.
Brickmold (with or without PVC nailing flange), Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
- SIZES AVALABLE: Minimum width 16", Minimum height 18", Maximum width 32", Maximum height 72" (larger sizes available when using Maxim Hardware). Fibertec manufacturers to sizes specified + / - 1/8" (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
- INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
- MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
- TEST RESULTS:
Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).