Shaped Windows: True Curve Series
Other Styles: Shaped Windows: Segmented Series
Fibertec offers a wide variety of shapes with either straight or curved frames. These fiberglass windows are fixed and do not open. This provides narrow sight lines and more glass area. Shaped windows look good by themselves or even in combination with other window styles such as casement windows or awning windows. Fibertec window & Door Mfg. carries one of the most extensive glass options to cater to extreme weather climates. Fibertec has developed a fiberglass window system featuring advanced technology, resulting in one of the worlds best energy-rated systems that is environmentally friendly and is used in sustainable building.
Fibertec`s extruded True Curve shaped window series is offered in real Oak, Maple, or Pine, and can be mulled to most of our fiberglass windows to produce virtually any combination to suit your design scheme.
We recommend that you treat the wood immediately after installation in order to preserve its beauty
- TRUE CURVE SERIES: Manufactured from pine strips laminated to form a rigid wood frame, final finished areas in Pine, Oak, or Maple. Cladding is designed for mulling to Fiberglass windows, and closely resembles standard direct set fixed frame.
- PAINT FINISH:
True curve series available in stock colours White exterior, Commercial Brown exterior, and Sandalwood exterior, using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Custom colours are available.
- GLASS STOPS: True curve shapes use wood glass stop, both shapes use a closed cellular (foam) glazing tape with double adhesive backed tape.
Double glazing with uPVC glass stop – 3/4” sealed units with 1/2” air space. Double glazing with (optional) Fiberglass glass stop – 7/8” sealed unit with 5/8” air space. Triple glazing (optional) – 1 5/16” sealed units. Triple glazing (optional) – 1 9/16” sealed units. Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
- GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by a wood glass stop. Double-sided closed cell foam tape on the exterior assist in securing the glass. The glazing cavity is edge drained to the exterior with concealed drainage holes. The glazing cavity is also edge vented to the exterior through concealed vent holes.
True curve shapes are available with brickmould, curved jamb extensions, or strap anchors.
- SIZES AVAILABLE: Depending on the shape required, certain limitations are involved. Please contact your sales representative or the order desk at the Head Office in Concord, Ontario, Canada. Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8” (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
- INSTALATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
- MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
- TEST RESULTS:
Products have been independently tested and rated by CSA A440, AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).