Shaped Windows: Segmented Series
Other Styles: Shaped Windows: True Curve Series
Fibertec Window & Door Mfg. offers a wide variety of Architectural fiberglass shapes with either straight or segmented curved frames. These fiberglass windows are fixed and do not open thus providing narrow sight lines and more glass area. Shaped windows look good by themselves or even in combination with other window styles such as casement windows or awning windows. Fibertec Window & Door Mfg. carries one of the most extensive glass options catering to extreme weather climates. Fibertec has developed a fiberglass window system featuring advanced technology, resulting in one of the worlds best energy-rated systems that is environmentally friendly and is used in sustainable building.
Once installed in your home, Fibertec windows will never warp twist, rot, shrink, dent or bow.
- SEGMENTED SHAPES: 3 1/4 Pultruded Fiberglass Closed Back Fixed Frame, completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced aluminum corners and joints with Polyurethane foam fill and sealed with silicone sealant. Segmented pieces are connected to form architectural shaped windows. Independently tested to [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55] standards. Segmented pieces are connected to form architectural shaped windows.
- PAINT FINISH: Fiberglass Segmented available in stock colours White in and out, White in and Commercial Brown (exterior), or White in and Sandalwood (exterior), using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. All paint rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom Colours Are Available.
- GLASS STOPS: Fiberglass Segmented uses standard uPVC extruded glass stop. Optional high performance pultruded Fiberglass glass stop with Santoprene gasket to ensure snug fit to glazing.
Double glazing with uPVC glass stop 3/4 sealed units with 1/2 air space. Double glazing with (optional) Fiberglass glass stop 7/8 sealed unit with 5/8 air space. Triple glazing (optional) 1 5/16 sealed units. Triple glazing (optional) 1 9/16 sealed units. Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
- GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by double-sided closed cell foam tape on the exterior to assist in securing the glass. The glazing cavity is edge drained to the exterior with concealed drainage holes. The glazing cavity is also edge vented to the exterior through concealed vent holes.
Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
- SIZES AVAILABLE: Minimum width 12, Minimum height 12, Maximum width 84, Maximum height 84. Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8 (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
- INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
- MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
- TEST RESULTS:
Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).