Fibertec Window & Door Manufacturing located in Concord (Toronto), Ontario, is a pioneer of incorporating advanced technology of fiberglass windows and doors. Product demand and growth have created the opportunity for a highly technical and mechanical Operations / Purchasing Manager.
Should be highly experienced within the window or door industry and be able to handle a fast paced environment. As a highly technical / mechanical person, you need to be able to implement processes through factory automation and MRP / ERP software. If you have a strong sense of urgency and can demonstrate a hands on approach to getting things implemented, this position will suite you.
We offer a very competitive remuneration package based on your skills and qualifications.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
• To optimize, implement, and successfully manage daily production efficiency while meeting cost objectives and maintain profitability goals.
• Implement written processes and procedures manuals to ensure efficient and effective flow of material and traffic through the facility.
• Establish automation through maintaining our ERP system and organization
• Oversee day-to-day operations of purchasing, order processing, productivity and other assigned responsibilities.
• To manage and oversee the factory employment, training, and health & safety.
• Analyze and implement process flow improvements for growth and efficiencies.
• Effectively negotiate with Vendors.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers.
• Participate in R & D functions.
• Strong mechanical/technical aptitude.
• Must have experience in the Manufacturing of custom assembly manufacturing within the window or door industry
• Advanced MS office skills, ERP knowledge through experience.
•Strong negotiation skills to effectively negotiate with Vendors
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a management role with Purchasing and P&L responsibilities, in a manufacturing setting.
• Post secondary education or equivalent experience
• A Mechanical Technologist or Engineering background is an asset
• Strong financial skills with a proven track record of building a solid profitable business;
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with clients, suppliers and employees
• Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Highly energetic and assertive with strong leadership skills
• Ability to analysis and relay information from reports and processes to management.
• Must have strong time management skills with emphasis on meeting deadlines.
If you feel that you can hit our high standards and handle a fast paced environment, please forward your resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org