To optimize, implement, and successfully manage production efficiency, while meeting cost objectives and profitability goals.
To manage the day to day activities of the manufacturing process, assuring safety while maximizing efficiency, and improving on quality control.
To manage and oversee the employment and training of production staff.
To analyze and implement process flow improvements, including capabilities for growth, and oversee all aspects of inventory
control. Further develop and oversee implementation and administration of Production Department policies, systems, and procedures.
Determine and adjust for optimum staffing in relation to production requirements.
• To efficiently manage and direct the daily production activities, including scheduling completion of orders, and inventory management.
• Maintain and improve process efficiency (automate stations, improve plant layout) and quality control.
• To directly oversee and manage the Production Manager / Supervisor’s and Buyer.
• Recommend and implement optimal production solutions and machinery / equipment needs or acquisitions.
• Develop or update ALL operations procedure manuals (including health and safety manual).
• Responsible for production staff adherence’s and improvements using “Lean Manufacturing” principles and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Manage production personnel; work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
• Evaluate employee performance and motivate in order to achieve maximum productivity output.
• Oversee and implement new products or improved product design.
• Maintain a proactive machinery and equipment maintenance program.
• Conduct and re-evaluate time studies for production processes.
• Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly, Management reporting.
• Assist in setting up an MRP or ERP computerized system.
This position requires an analytical, highly technical / mechanical, organized, and detail oriented individual who has good hands on experience in manufacturing. The candidate should have a good sense of urgency especially in conveying timely information to and from staff.
The candidate should be able to work independently with limited direction and guidance, while maintaining efficiency and working within the financial constraints of the Company. Attention to cost efficiencies will also be critical.
Direction will be given to Production Management, Factory Lead Hands, Factory staff, and Buyer. The candidate should be able to demand timely information in order to make decisions or convey technical information to those inquiring. Ensuring accountability and timeliness from Factory staff will be a key.
The position will require most tasks to be performed inside the factory or office, with follow up with Production Department or inspections on the factory floor. Occasionally there may be site visits or supplier visits. Multi tasking and a high level of organization will be critical.
Minimum 10 years experience in manufacturing of custom fabricated products.
Hands on experience working with computerized MRP / ERP systems.
Window industry experience is preferred.
The position will have a high degree of interpersonal contact with the President, Finance Manager, Production Management, Lead Hands, Factory personal, and Buyer. This will require strong communication, follow through, and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to deal politely yet firmly with staff. A Positive attitude and a pro-active solution seeker will be a key component.
If you feel that you can hit our high standards and handle a fast paced environment, please forward your resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org